2.03.2012

Fertility Challenge D2-3

Day 2 was yesterday and as expected the Challenge involved self care products. Basically chuck everything toxic. I would say right now about 50% of what I use is non-toxic and all natural. Up until about 3 or 4 months ago that was probably about 98%. This has really changed because of 2 things: Finances and effectiveness. I DO believe that parabens, phalates etc are toxic to your health and are known carcinogens. A lot of the things that I changed about 2 years ago were very focused on staying away from carcinogens (ya know that whole I don't my cancer to pop back up thing). Unfortunately the non-toxic products that are available either don't work or are far too expensive. I do really try to minimize the toxins in my products but haven't yet found a way to be perfect with it. I already have switched to a good healthy make-up line and many of my products are non-toxic as well. So, for this challenge I will focus again on things I might be able to make myself that will be effective, inexpensive and non-toxic. I have an interest in skin care and such so this will be fun for me.

Day 3...What is the question you are asking yourself that could be hurting your fertility and what 3 questions should you be asking that may help your fertility. These boil down to why, what, who and how. We should NOT be asking ourselves why, we SHOULD be asking ourselves what, who, how. These seem rather self evident but it's always good to have a reminder. It is not going to do any good to ask (or whine) about the why. Why me, why do I have to do this, why is this so hard etc etc. It just is my reality and for the most part I have accepted that. I do sometimes wonder why I am not pregnant and the teen crack whore is but frankly it doesn't matter. There are not a certain number of pregnancies allowed in the world at 1 time...so someone else being pregnant does not affect my chances of pregnancy. Instead we "should" try and focus on what, who, how. What can we do to change where we are, how can we help ourselves be closer to our goals, who can help us get there. Lately I am trying to be more in the mindset of let's fix what we can then having the pity mobile pop by. This is of course a process and today's challenge has reminded me of it's importance. So here are the things that I am doing to try and focus on the what, how, who.

1. Daily fertility meditations
2. Eating a healthy diet/moderate exercise
3. Taking all the "pills" my RE recommends
4. Have finally secured full time employment to help save and pay for treatments
5. Seeing a top notch RE
6. Try to focus on other ways to make myself happy that I CAN control
7. I'm sure there are more BUT this is a good list for now.








1 comment:

  1. I can see your outlook improving with this plan. I love that there are things you CAN do and I know you're going to rock this!

    ReplyDelete