2.12.2012

Fertility Challenge D8-10

Day 8: “Why do I have to change my lifestyle when my cousin, sister, friends, or whoever drinks smokes, does drugs, etc. and they can get pregnant without even trying?”
 
 My opinion is that you just do. When you are trying to accomplish something and what you are doing isn't working, you have to change it. So the only thing left for me to change is lifestyle. Some people are more sensitive to things than others and what works for one doesn't always work for all.Some people have more general inflammation than others and some people are more fertile. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do kids.

Day 9: Harvard Medical School reveals the #1 fertility killer. This 1 thing can decrease your fertility about 78% according to their studies. In fact studies all around tell us that it shortens your life and expands your waist line. It's a killer plain and simple; we all know it but often still ingest it. TRANS FAT! This is no surprise and while I do my best to avoid trans fat it is really easy to get into the habit of grabbing something quick to munch at the drive thru. So, I am going to focus on not eating anything I order from a microphone box (no cheating by going inside!). If I need something fast I will find other alternatives. 

Day 10: These 3 foods are NOT part of your peak fertility diet; soy, gluten, dairy. I already don't eat soy. That stuff is thyroid poison and all but the fermented type is nasty bad for you anyway (in my opinion). Oddly, even feeling this way about soy once of the things I tried in desperation was large doses as a form of "natural clomid" (actually did this on my 1st BFP cycle). As for the gluten and dairy, here's the scoop. "Gluten which can decrease a woman’s ovulation potential and possibly trigger the immune system (which increases the chance of miscarriage).  Gluten is found in most grains so you need to let go of bread and pasta for now."...."dairy which can be mucus-forming.  A problem occurs when dairy causes mucus to develop where it shouldn’t be.  For instance, it can help create mucus in the fallopian tubes and cause blockages". Here are my thoughts. Dairy I don't believe affects me this way. I have had 2 pregnancies so I know my tubes are clear of excess mucus and additionally the idea that dairy produces excess music is not well documented. So for now I keep my dairy. Gluten...oh delicious gluten. Now I am know to have elevated levels of inflammation (can often be caused by gluten sensitivity) and an autoimmune condition so for me and the research I have done it makes sense to do away with gluten. Now if you peeps know me irl you may know that The Captain has tested out going gluten free several times and we are rather familiar with it...and how hard it is. But for me right now it seems like it is worth giving gluten free a test run. So sadly I bid adieu to gluten for the time being. I think I will have them check my inflammation markers in a few months to see if there is any change.

No comments:

Post a Comment