2.16.2012

Fertility Challenge Wrap UP

Day 11: Is this fertility killer lurking in your bedroom? Why yes, it is. It is radiation...which comes from anything that plugs in. Frankly I don't know how I feel about this. It really doesn't seem feasible to me to nix everything that plugs in from my bedroom.

Day 12: Pest Control. Don't use poisonous chemicals to kill critters. While we don't really have much of a pest problem we employ the squish or puppy snack method. Totally non-toxic~

Day 13: The "Elixir of Life": any guesses as to what this is?! But not just any water, filtered water. Specifically you want a carbon filter that filters out far better than what we but at most stores and needs to be purchased from a specialty shop. Hm, I don't even know how to go about finding one of these. I do use a "standard" filter but apparently this isn't getting water clean enough. Must research!

Day 14 was just a recap of everything else...lame. So I will use this space to update you on the things that I have started doing differently since the beginning of this challenge. On day 1 of this challenge I started looking in to other "personal care" alternatives. Attempting not to put anything on my body that I wouldn't want IN my body. Our skin is our largest organ and everything we put on it goes IN. I have been "poo" (shampoo) free for 14 days. I have instead been using baking soda and water to clean my hair. My scalp is feeling better and now that my hair is adjusting it is looking much better. I had been using apple cider vinegar (diluted) to condition but it made my hair greasy. I am now using a mixture of strongly brewed tea infused with chamomile and rosemary, lemon juice, and honey. This has been working SO much better. Today is also day 14 of using honey as a facial cleanse and astoundingly I think it has made my skin look better and cleared up acne better than the expensive cleansers I've tried. I have been using coconut oil as moisturizer and have discovered that the puppy is completely obsessed with coconut oil and goes batshit crazy when she smells it.

3 comments:

  1. How were you introduced to this fertility challenge?? It seems very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use fertility meditations by circle+bloom and I came across it on their website. They do the challenges periodically (they're free), but I would be happy to send you the emails if you like as well! http://naturalfertilitybreakthrough.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hh neat! I'll have to go check it out :) Good luck on this cycle. I know in your other post you said you were not feeling good about it... It ain't over till AF shows. hahah. Baby Dust :)

    ReplyDelete